Extending the life of your roof and keeping your home safe is all possible with the help of roof repair & maintenance. Keeping up with maintenance and repairs will keep your roof stronger and will limit the number of reoccurring issues. By not staying on top of your roof, expensive and costly repairs will hit you more frequently and your roof simply won’t last as long.
At the sign of any problem with your roof, a thorough inspection will give you the peace of mind that everything is taken care of.
Roof Repair Services:
- GAF Asphalt Shingle
- Carlisle EPDM Rubber Roofing
- Traditional Slate
- Emergency Roof Repair
There is no preparing for an accident due to severe weather. Emergency roof repairs are often required when a building is being exposed to high forced window and falling trees. When an emergency roof repair is required, reach out to Capital Construction Contracting.
Don’t get caught with sudden, costly repairs. Keep a close eye on your roof and learn how to spot problems before they severely impact your wallet with these 7 danger signs.
1. Leaking in Attic (interior): After you are hit by a strong storm, which in New England can be a Nor’easter during the winter or a thunderstorm during the summer, go up in your attic once in a while. This will be one of the first places that leaking will occur.
2. Stains on Walls or Ceilings (interior): Have you ever seen stains on your walls or ceiling? If so, that is probably because water is seeping into your house. There are many different places that your roof could be allowing this in but it can eventually lead to mildew or mold growth.
3. Chipping or Peeling paint/wallpaper (interior or exterior): When moisture gets into your walls it can be from a water leak, or also attic ventilation.
4. Missing Granules: (exterior): As your asphalt shingles decay, the small granules that make up each shingle will start to fall off. How do you check for this? The best way to check for this is annually looking in your gutters. This is where a build up will occur.
6. Missing Shingles: (exterior): A few missing shingles here and there isn’t the end of the world as they are fairly easy to replace. But, if it happens more and more frequently it could be a sign that your roof is failing.
7. Climbing Energy Costs: When your roof starts to fail, outside air will make its way into your home. During the winter that means your heater needs to work extra hard and during the summer your A/C needs to keep up with this additional factor. If your energy costs seem to be rising, your roof could be to blame.
Also check for:
- Roof age
- Shingles that are curling or buckling
- Daylight showing through roof boards
- & more
After noticing that you need roofing help, you are halfway done. Now, it is time to choose a contractor to help.